Friday 23 June 2023

My New Cuckoo.

 Following the untimely death of my sponsored Cuckoo, JAC, I have sponsored another one - Cuach Cannon.


     Cuach Cannon

              

 Cuach is the Irish name for Cuckoo, and Carran is the name of a mountain in the Burren National Park where this bird was tagged.

On examining him, the tagging team were able to establish that Carran is a juvenile male, hatched last year. All the other tagged birds this year are full adults.

Since being tagged, Carran has remained at his tagging location.

I have happy memories of a visit to the Burren, with its abundant wildlife, some years ago while on a journey through Ireland. I like to remember also that some of my ancestors were among the many thousands who had to leave Ireland due to the failure of the potato crop in 1845.






n

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment