Friday 12 May 2023

Garden Hedgehog Video.


 Kind neighbours gave me a Hedgehog Feeding Kit for my 93rd birthday recently. It was instantly a success in that the pellets disappeared each night, but I wasn't at all sure what was eating them, apart from a Rook that gobbled them down just as the light started to fade. (Lesson No.1. Wait 'till it's dark before putting the pellets out)  The dishes supplied with the kit I have gradually moved nearer until they are lit by the house lights. These don't seem to alarm  them. I managed to get several still photos but the ultimate aim was video. which I managed to get a couple of days ago. The hedgehogs arrive regularly just after nine o'clock so it is not too time demanding  photographing them. The camera is hand held, which accounts for the movement, it would be better tripod mounted, must try that. The video is about 17 minutes long, with the animals appearing about 10 minutes in, so scroll along if you can't stand the suspense.

(video is being shortened to a length the software will accept)



No comments:

Post a Comment