Friday 3 April 2020

Country Coronavirus.

I attempted earlier in the week to continue my monitoring of our spring butterflies by taking my exercise along public paths only to meet strangers, both walkers and cyclists, some of whome made little attempt to maintain a two metre separation. At the age of 90 I cannot afford to take any chance of infection and will so record what I can  from the house. From my bedrom window the Rooks are back after last year's wipeout and busily rebuilding their nests.The sticks are broken from living branches, often with much difficulty, and if dropped are not picked up but left lying on the ground. Some of the smaller ones are  picked up by my resident pair of Woodpigeons who are starting a nest in the Pittosporum by the gate.  No sign of the blackbirds nesting yet though.

No comments:

Post a Comment